Senior Fund Accountant - Offshore Funds Team - Apex Fund Services (UK) Ltd
Established in Bermuda in 2003, Apex is one of the world's largest independent fund administration and middle office solutions providers.
The heart of Apex is found in its personal relationships with clients. Through local offices strategically located alongside clients situated in all markets around the world, Apex is wholeheartedly dedicated to providing exceptional service levels, functional products and the highest levels of expertise in the industry. Apex has over 600 staff across 26 jurisdictions globally and administers $45 billion (USD) in assets under management.
The Position - Senior Fund Accountant
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for overseeing and growing a team of Fund accountants involved in the areas of NAV calculation, investor reporting and compliance.
The individual will maintain client relationships; take responsibility for co-ordination of regulatory reporting, audit preparation, marketing for new business along with the take on and due diligence requirements of the company.
- Detailed review of NAV calculations for Offshore incorporated Hedge Fund.
- Review Cash, Stock and Corporate Actions reconciliation and resolve breaks
- Ensuring technically strong in Series and Equalization Fund's Accounting
- To ensure timely and accurate NAV calculations are prepared, reviewed and delivered on a daily, weekly and monthly basis along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Authorisation of payments via bank portals.
- Preparation and review of financial statements as required annually.
- Processing and review of Transfer Agency Functions.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications.
- Experience of AML/KYC reviews for new subscriptions in line with appropriate regulations for investors
- Ongoing development of the business by liaising with the senior management and ensuring full communication from bottom up and implementation of new processes and controls as required.
- Ongoing Implementation and refinement of SSAE 16 controls.
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with Apex service standards on an ongoing basis.
- Supervision and training and recruitment of accounting staff.
- Ability to deal with auditors (external and internal) and manage and respond to audit queries as well as support SSAE 16 reviews.
It is essential that you have experience of reviewing of assets prices and using Bloomberg to validate price movements. It would be an advantage if you have experience in carrying out FATCA procedures on both US and non-US investors.
- 3- years experience in a similar role incorporating the above functions
- Strong Excel capabilities, Macros is an Advantage
- Experience working with Bloomberg Terminal
- An accountancy qualification is an advantage
- Ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a pressurised environment
The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and troubleshooting, written communications skills as well as able to work to and meet agreed deadlines.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role incorporating the above functions, before applying for the position.
You must also be educated to at least Bachelor's Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject. It would be an advantage if you are an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant.