Neptune Investment Management is seeking Performance and Risk Analyst to join the Portfolio Analytics & Risk team which covers a wide range of Fund Management products including Retail & Institutional equity products. The successful candidate will help improve the Company’s analytics and risk infrastructure, and have exposure to all products providing fund performance, contribution, attribution and risk information to meet internal and external business requirements in accordance with required timescales.
About Neptune Investment Management
Founded in 2002, Neptune is an active management firm with a range of equity and multi-asset funds. Neptune believes diverse sources of investment performance can be found by long-term investors who correctly interpret change in the real world and have the freedom to exploit it. Neptune’s independent real world research focuses on questions where interpretational differences are particularly large: paradigm shifts, industry disruption, macroeconomics and company strategies.
- Analysis of the Company’s retail and Institutional fund range
- Assist in improving performance and risk management infrastructure with Head of Analytics and Risk (e.g. automation of reports, dataflow across specialist systems)
- Existing systems maintenance and monitoring of dataflow (e.g. Index data from RIMES)
- Extensive use of specialist systems and databases (APX, Morningstar, Bloomberg, APT)
- Verify performance data in APX
- Provide fund managers with performance and risk analysis as required
- Production and development of regular and ad-hoc client investment reports
- Provide a bespoke ad hoc service to Sales & Marketing (e.g. deliver fund data & analytics, respond to client queries)
- GIPS maintenance and annual verification
- Develop working relationships with various business units within the company (e.g. Fund Admin, Sales and Marketing). Liaise with the data / systems providers.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of fund styles
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the financial markets
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Technical degree, 2.1 or above (ideally postgraduate)
- A strong knowledge of Excel VB
- Experience in an asset management environment with a focus on Performance and Risk
- Be a highly numerate, analytical and curious individual
- Have an understanding of risk measurement techniques
- Have a flexible and proactive approach to work
- Excellent team player with proven ability to work under pressure and deliver
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential