Operational Risk Manager
Reports to Chief Risk Officer
Location: Head Office, London
Main function of Job:
To manage the Banks operational risks within the appetite set by the Board, and improve and report on the effectiveness of the operational risk framework, policies and procedures to both Senior Management and the Board.
- Lead the development, management and maintenance of the banks operational risk framework, incorporating management tools, techniques and reports to support the business, senior management and regulatory reporting.
- Responsible for the maintenance and analysis of the risk register and completing the risk control self-assessment and incidenttracking across the business, ensuring that monitoring procedures are in line with the banks policy
- Manage and lead the process for evaluating and rectifying incidents across the business, chairing incident committees where relevant, ensuring swift resolution of the incident, capturing root causes, lessons learnt, ensuring actions for future risk mitigation are implemented and relevance to other business areas or processes is considered.
- Establish, implement and maintain a comprehensive operational risk management framework, policies and procedures to cover all internal and external operational risks.
- Produce monthly reporting to Senior Management and the Board on operational risk appetite metrics and adherence to operational risk policies.
- Assist in embedding a culture of operational risk management throughout the business by actively cultivating and maintaining stakeholder relationships, providing advice on operational risk management issues and demonstrating the benefits to be derived from such a culture.
- Engage with relevant business projects to ensure that operational risk issues are properly considered in all material decisions and reported appropriately.
- Maintain awareness of developments in operational risk and control assessment in the industry and provide thought leadership to management on issues relevant to the firmís business profile.
- To provide support and guidance to relationship managers and other employees to ensure the Bankís operational risk appetite is understood and complied with at all levels.
- Assist in the development of the ICAAP process for Operational risk for the Bank; contribute to the review of the scenario analysis framework.
Tools or Equipment Used
- MS Office suite, Internet. Experience of an operational risk management software would be an advantage
Other Job Requirements
- Significant previous banking Operational Risk experience and an in-depth understanding of operational risk management.
- Excellent understanding of processes, controls, and responsibilities associated with a banking institution.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- A good understanding of banking systems and processes and key operational risk management policies.
- Flexible approach to meet changing requirements as and when they arise
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising quality
- Analytical skills including the ability to analyse processes and procedures to identify and mitigate operational risks or analyse a situation to assess the risks
- Ability to influence business relationship managers in a collaborative positive manner
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to perform under pressure within time constraints
- A good understanding of the key risks associated with bond, trade finance, syndicated loans, and retail banking products.