Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Data Protection Officer
Established in Bermuda in 2003, Apex is one of the world's largest independent fund administration and middle office solutions providers.
The heart of Apex is found in its personal relationships with clients. Through local offices strategically located alongside clients situated in all markets around the world, Apex is wholeheartedly dedicated to providing exceptional service levels, functional products and the highest levels of expertise in the industry. Apex has over 600 staff across 26 jurisdictions globally and administers $45 billion (USD) in assets under management.
New opportunity for a Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Data Protection Officer within Apex Fund Services (UK) Ltd. a FCA regulated entity focusing on fund services such as Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Domiciliation and Corporate Services.
The role encompasses compliance advisory, monitoring and fulfilment of the UK Financial Services Authority requirements to meet the obligations set out in all the Regulations, Acts, and Directives in place in UK, along with the Apex in-house policies. In addition you will act as the Data Protection Officer ensuring compliance with the relevant Data Protection regulations and notifications.
- Overseeing the compliance function in UK and develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Providing compliance leadership and guidance to management and relevant staff.
- Proactively identify situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing of applicable policies, procedures and business practices.
- Providing advice and training on anti-money laundering, sanctions and privacy matters and performs the role of MLRO, including carrying out AML risk assessments.
- Working actively with the EU Regional Head of Compliance and Data Protection ensuring delivery and completion of the annual Compliance plan and supporting key areas of compliance risk in the relevant offices and is executed on a timely basis.
- Supervise and handle day to day AML tasks: reporting, liaising with law enforcement agencies and other external authorities.
- Account opening approval oversight, KYC periodic updates to KYC forms, on-going sanctions monitoring where necessary.
- To supervise and monitor business risks in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Suspicious transaction monitoring and reporting to the relevant local authorities.
- Preparing reports for the regulator(s) and maintaining an open and positive working relationship with them.
- Ensure all employees are aware of and understand their compliance responsibilities including board members. Providing and organizing compliance training for staff.
- Implementation of regulatory implications of new product launces and service extensions
- Any other task assigned to the appropriate candidate in line with the employment and or arising from initiative out of the Compliance Head Office.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Proven experience as compliance manager - At least 3 years experience in a similar role incorporating the above functions
- A strong and comprehensive knowledge of the relevant law, rules and guidance of the regulatory bodies, key to providing sound guidance and support for the business
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals on the same field
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices, problem-solving and troubleshooting, written communications skills as well as possess high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates with UK Residency Status or Visa.