Investment Proposition Manager
An opportunity to work within the largest workplace benefits business within the industry, playing a vital role in the management and development of the investment proposition that is a key element of the overall workplace benefits proposition.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the UK workplace savings market, and a knowledge of DC fund structures and broader investment markets. You will have a track record of developing successful product propositions, and understand the drivers of fund profitability and the courses of action which will improve profitability. You will have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, being able to work across multiple teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Define and drive investment proposition development and maintenance projects through to implementation
- Ensuring the fund universe that is required for the workplace market can be delivered and managed in a profitable manner across platforms
- Assessing new fund requirements
- Maintenance and development of EBC / strategic partner investment propositions (e.g. Mercer MWS)
- Maintain investment proposition specifications, literature and content
- Provide training on investments / overall investment proposition to key stakeholders internally (e.g. Distribution) and externally (e.g. clients, EBCs)
- Support distribution in new business acquisition and client retention through the provision of investment and investment proposition knowledge and expertise at client visits, new business tenders and pitches
- Ensure bespoke investment requests / requirements are understood, evaluated and commercially sound
- Drive the closure of funds for either governance or commercial reasons, ensuring a robust process is in place and followed for fund closures.
- Management and development of the processes associated with the delivery, maintenance and evolution of the workplace investment proposition, including literature, scheme authorisations and fund activity.
- People management.
- Develop, demonstrate and maintain a detailed understanding of the workplace investment proposition including customer needs, segmentation, delivery and value.
- Deliver investment proposition technical and subject matter expertise internally (e.g. to support proposition development, implementation and marketing activity) and externally (e.g. to clients, EBCs/advisers)
- Develop strong, constructive and sustainable working relationships with internal and external subject matter experts, stakeholders and suppliers, in order that the workplace investment proposition design, development and maintenance is optimised and to support buy-in from all key stakeholders
Skills and Experience required:
- Investment-related qualification or willingness to study towards obtaining
- Excellent understanding of the UK workplace savings market, customer/EBC/ adviser requirements and its evolution
- Excellent knowledge of DC fund structures and broader investment markets
- Ability to communicate complex issues to both internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of development of successful product propositions
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work across teams
What I will get from this role
- Salary in the range £60,000 - £75,000 dependant on experience
- Fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential.
- Generous holiday allowance.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please click Apply Now button.
Job ID #: R-40068