A FORCE INSURANCE MANAGER is required for a PERMANENT CONTRACT role paying £31,666.23 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in LEEDS.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As FORCE INSURANCE MANAGER with BTP you will liaise with Insurance Brokers and internal stakeholders to develop and implement plans for the provision and annual renewal of insurance policies for all insurable liability, property and vehicle fleet associated risks across BTP to meet the needs of the Force Risk Financing Strategy.
As FORCE INSURANCE MANAGER you will be required to:
• Maintain and continually review BTP’s register of insurance policies and their contents, recommending policy adjustments where appropriate, to ensure that insurable risks are covered at all times.
• Manage all legal gateway referrals relating to Insurance and indemnity advice for potential cover and cover gaps.
• Collate and analyse management information and prepare reports and client specifications for procurement tenders for the provision of insurance brokering and insurance policy cover throughout BTP, ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation and process requirements and an optimum balance between external and self insurance.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful FORCE INSURANCE MANAGER will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Ability to liaise, negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, using own initiative
• Ability to work effectively under pressure without compromising professional standards
If you are interested in applying to this FORCE INSURANCE MANAGER role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £31,666.23
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.