Evolve vacancy ID: 9158
Opening date: 04.01.2017
Closing date: 01.02.2017
Specialism: Investment / Business Support / Request for Proposal / Information
Core-Asset Consulting’s client, a leading investment organisation has a new permanent opportunity available for a senior individual to join their offices in London and act as an internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specified products, providing advice and guidance to their team regarding use of product-specific content across all types of submissions.
This role requires close involvement in the production of RFPs and other proposal documents to ensure that the firm’s products are professionally and accurately described, and that the firm’s proposals clearly demonstrate the ability to meet clients’ specific requirements as well as strong competitive advantage.
- Participate in the team’s global best practice proposal process, helping ensure that it is appropriately applied depending on the complexity of each individual project
- Act as an internal SME, maintaining oversight of requests made to Product Management for additional content or for reviews of drafts, thus supporting the group’s efforts to optimize use of SME time and resources.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members in terms of identifying opportunity-specific customization versus new or updated content which should be logged to the KnowledgeBase so that updates can be made.
- Where assigned, lead Strategy Development and Content Development efforts for product-related sections of high complexity and/or high profile submissions – this will include writing, editing and customizing responses to challenging sections and questions.
- Where assigned, conduct thorough and detailed reviews of product sections of submissions prepared by the team
- Help ensure that the expectations of internal and external clients are met and exceeded.
- Act as primary contact point for the department where questions are identified that may require new or revised product-related content.
- Provide advice and guidance to team members regarding use of product-related content
- Where appropriate, direct team members to approach Product Management for new responses and/or customization.
- Liaise with team members to provide guidance to ensure updates and new content are captured for addition to the RFP KnowledgeBase.
- Support Product Management in responding to other internal enquiries related to product-specific RFP content (e.g. helping Sales teams locate items in KnowledgeBase).
- Collaborating with Content Management team colleagues to identify priorities and plan projects.
- Create and/or maintain responses in the KnowledgeBase as assigned from time to time.
- Proofread new/revised responses as assigned.
- Expand and strengthen product knowledge across group (e.g. internal training activities).
- Significant asset management proposal experience, preferably in a global environment.
- Thorough understanding of institutional and retail asset management, plus strong knowledge of financial markets globally.
- Detailed understanding and experience of the formal RFP process, including clients’ and consultants’ evaluation processes.
- Strong knowledge of investment products, across either fixed income, or equity, real estate and alternatives (or experience/education to develop this knowledge quickly).
- University degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, capable of building strong working relationships and interacting professionally at all levels of seniority and across multiple cultures.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint & the RFP KnowledgeBase (Qvidian Software).
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and genuine interest in learning.
- Demonstrates a mature, commercial perspective in day-to-day decision making.
- Proficient with statistical information, able to understand data and use it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
- Excellent research and analysis skills, tenacious in following issues to a successful conclusion.
- CFA or other professional financial qualification or equivalent knowledge.
- Natural leader and positive role model; can drive direction and collaborate to achieve high quality results without direct authority.
- Collaborative, participative interpersonal style, able to work constructively with colleagues across the entire global team.
- Additional general financial services or asset management experience is highly desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare plan
Job reference: 9158
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.